Thursday, August 12, 2010

Ballymaloe Day 4

Today I made Sweet Chili Sauce*. I'm also learning how to make Lemon Curd* which is exceptionally good in taste and practical in so many uses.
After lunch today I had the opportunity to sit in on a demonstration. Rory O'Connell, Darina's brother is a master chef and taught the class. It was fasinating. We learned how to make an ice bowl*, Ballymaloe Praline Ice Cream, Kerry Pie, Squash Blossom Quesadillas, Mushroom a la Creme* and White Soda Bread Pizza*. All wonderful and simple recipes that I'll be posting. Pictures below.
Went for an evening stroll around the gardens and took some pictures. The photos of the two dogs sleeping is a regular sighting every afternoon. It's quite funny because they just plop themselves down in the middle of a walkway or on a bench and fall asleep.
I can't report much about the lunch menu today because I wasn't with the students. I do know that it mainly consisted of prawns, shrimp and beef dishes. There was a green salad and green beans. Dessert was Vanilla Custard with Cream and Caramel Sauce.

Stay tune for Day 5
































































































































































7 comments:

  1. Everything is sooooo beautiful! I love the pups too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG !!! what a great place to be.
    I'm so excited for you and love the blog
    and the pictures are beautiful. Do the dogs have names?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic photos. Food looks great too. My favorite is the dogs. They remind me of my dog Emmy.You need someone to take you pic. in a beautiful spot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovey photos and esp.the strong compositions of gardens views. maybe the dog just plop down in a sunny spot b/c it's uncommon most of the year! not too many things finer than a nap in the sunshine on a summer= a dogs life :-) I agree wholeheartedly that lemon curd is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for the great post. I love hearing from you all. I'll find out the dog's names today. They are so cute. If they aren't sleeping they're either walking in the kitchen for scraps or laying on their backs with all four paws up in the air waitin for someone to scratch their belly. They're real funny little characters. They have a good life here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Teenza, what a grand time you are having in such a glorious setting. Upon your return, you do realize that my kitchen is always available for you to keep practicing your cooking and I won't mind a bit being the "taster".
    L&H, Tones

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tonesey,
    I would LOVE to make you and Dean some Ballymaloe dishes. Thanks for the offer.
    Glad you're following the blog.
    XOXO
    Tina

    ReplyDelete